Śnieżka Concrete - Flooring - Acrylic paint for concrete surfaces
It constitutes a pigment and filler slurry in water dispersion of acrylic resins of high abrasion resistance. Due to its properties, the paint is designed for decorative and protective painting of concrete surfaces either interior or exterior premises. It is especially recommended for fences and concrete structures, house facades, terraces, garden pavements, garages and balconies as well as floors not exposed to excessive road traffics.
- the painting surface must be dry, solid, dust and grease free
- new plasters and concrete surfaces can be painted after 4 week seasoning
- old layers of glue colours, solvent-based or lime paints are to be removed, washed and rinsed off with detergent until the plaster can be visible
- old layers of emulsion paints with poor adhesive properties are to be removed, in the event of good condition they need to be rinsed off with detergent
- washed coatings of old paints should be left until they have dried
- it is recommended to pickle new smooth concrete floors by muriatic acid – according to manufacturer’s recommendations
- very absorptive surfaces (except for gypsum coat) with light adhesive properties, leaving traces on palms are to be painted by suitable primer ACRYL-PUTZ®.
- spots where fungus was found, covered with mould are to be cleaned mechanically and disinfected by fungicide remover, it is also important to remove the cause of fungus
- during first painting it is recommended to thin the paint by adding 20% of fresh water
- the paint must be stirred carefully before application and mustn’t by thinned
- painting works are to be carried out at the air and surface temperature from +10ºC to +30°C
- application and drying mustn’t be carried out in bad weather conditions
- the paint is to be applied by roller, paintbrush or spraying 2 coats upon primed surfaces– the second coat is to be applied after drying the first coat i.e. around 4 hours
- it’s recommended to apply three layers on surfaces exposed to particular abrasion,
- after the painting works have been completed it is necessary to wash the tools by water.