Śnieżka Supermal Oil and Alkyd Enamel Basic - Oil and phthalate enamel for wood and metal
- ideal snow-white
- solid and vivid colours
- does not contain hazardous compounds of lead and chrome
SUPERMAL EMALIA OLEJNO-FTALOWA is made of high quality phthalate resin modified by vegetable oil in non-aromatic naphtha with drier additives, aid agents and pigments. It is used for decorative and protective painting of wood, wood-based surfaces, DOORS, WINDOWS, FURNITURE etc., plasters and metals: GATES, FENCES etc. used inside and outside of premises. The coatings have high gloss properties, are resistant to water and changeable weather conditions. It has excellent adhesive properties to the surface and base paints.
- surface must be dry without rust, dust, grease and any contamination free
- resinous and greased spots must be cleansed by extraction naphtha
- it’s recommended to paint new wooden and wood-based surfaces by Sniezka Grunt do Drewna paint
- wooden surfaces particularly exposed to influence of weather conditions must be additionally coated by VIDARON colours less wood preservative before priming
- new metal surfaces are to be painted by fast-drying anticorrosive paint, Śnieżka Urekor S
- damaged coatings of oil paints which have bad adhesive properties are to be removed and cleansed of contamination, rust and others, if necessary the spot is to be primed and filled in.
- old surfaces with good adhesive properties must be grinned with fine grained sandpaper and dedusted
- the enamel is to be stirred carefully before application
- if necessary, the paint is to be thinned by solvents for oil and phthalate products or mineral spirits to the working viscosity
- painting works are to be carried out at the air and surface temperature of above +10°C and air humidity below 80%, by flat paintbrush with soft hair, sponge roller or spraying.
- further layers must be applied after about 24 hours (low temperature and high humidity extend drying time)
- after the works have been completed it is necessary to wash the tools by solvents for oil and phthalate products or by mineral spirits