ACRYL PUTZ® ZW 50 SMOOTH PUTTY - It is designed to smooth surfaces of all sorts of tile linings
Smooth Putty is a mixture of specially selected aggregates, Portland cement, sand, mineral agents and additives. It has excellent mixing properties and is easy to apply.
It is designed for smoothening surfaces of all sorts of tile linings as well as levelling slopes and performing pressure layers. It is recommended to fill in cracks in concrete, reinforced and brick constructionsas well as mineral plasters and renovation of cement floors. It can be used inside as well as outside of premises.
- smoothing-down surface must be solid, dry, dust, grease and contamination free
- the surface must be rough and porous, smooth surfaces are to be scratched in order to enhance mechanical adhesive properties
- unstable surfaces must be reinforced, depending on their absorptiveness, by ACRYL-PUTZ® GU41 DEEP PENETRATING POLYMER PRIMER or ACRYL-PUTZ® GU 40 INIVERSLA POLYMER PRIMER min. 24 hours before commencement of works.
- if it’s necessary to enhance adhesive properties, apply ACRYL-PUTZ® GK42 KONTAKT POLYMER PRIMER
- existing cracks and scratches are to be expanded by min. 5mm of width and dedusted.
- put the dry putty into a clean container with water and stir slowly by hand or mechanically
- mixing proportion amount to 3-3.5L of water for 25 kg of putty.
- after careful stirring, leave the putty for about 5 minutes and stir again
- ready-to-use putty must be used within 2 hours after it has been stirred
- in the event of thickening it is necessary to stir it again without adding water
- works are to be carried out at the air and surface temperature from +5ºC to +30ºC
- new applied putty must be protected from excessive drying and direct influence of water (e.g. by construction foil).
- putty is to be applied by trowel or steel float by pressing firmly and simultaneously smoothening to the required thickness.
- other layers must be jointed together before the product thickens
- applied layer must be filled in by polystyrene, felt or steel float.
- surfaces destined for tile lining must be smoothed thoroughly
- too much water may prolong the thickening period and deteriorate adhesive and durable properties of the putty
- thickened putty must not be stirred with water and fresh putty
- Do not add any sand or cement
- Information on application is for temperature of 20±2ºC and relative air humidity 65±5%.
- In other weather conditions the given times for thickening and drying might be subjected to changes
- any new contamination is to be removed by water