Śnieżka EKO - Hypoallergenic acrylic emulsion for walls and ceilings
The emulsion is designed for decorative painting of walls and ceilings made of cement, cement and lime, lime, gypsum plasters, plaster cardboard panels, wood and wood-based materials, inside of premises. It provides matt and snow-white coatings, which contribute to full ventilation of walls. It does not irritate and is friendly for allergy sufferers and extra sensitive persons – survey carried out by Clinic Allergology and Environment Institute of Jagiellonian University Medical College.
- the painting surface must be dry, solid, dust and grease free
- new cement and lime plasters can be painted after 3-4 weeks of seasoning, gypsum plasters after 2 weeks, so called: ‘dry plasters’ just after drying, grinding and dedusting,
- it is recommended to paint new surfaces, solid and smoothed down of intense colour by emulsion primer Sniezka Grunt
- old layers of glue colour are to be removed, washed and rinsed off with detergent until the plaster can be visible
- old layers of emulsion paints with poor adhesive properties are to be removed, in the event of good condition they need to be rinsed off with detergent
- washed coatings of old paints should be left until they have dried
- very absorptive surfaces (except for gypsum coat) with light adhesive properties, leaving traces on palms are to be painted by suitable primer ACRYL-PUTZ®. Properly primed surface should be matt.
- spots where fungus was found, covered with mould are to be cleaned mechanically and disinfected by fungicide remover, it is also important to remove the cause of fungus
- it is recommended to fill in all roughness by ready-to-use putty - ACRYL-PUTZ® FS20 FINISH, cracks are to be filled in by ready-to-use putty ACRYL-PUTZ® FX23 FLEX or in the event of serious roughness by ACRYL PUTZ ST10 putty and painted by emulsion primer SNIEZKA GRUNT
- damp patches of water, nicotine, oil are to be painted by Sniezka ZACIEKI I PLAMY paint,
- the product is likely to thicken, in order to avoid it, it’s necessary to add 5 % of water and stir carefully
- the paint must be stirred carefully before application
- when painting new surfaces, not primed, it is recommended to thin the paint, depending on absorptive properties of the surface, adding 20% of fresh water
- when painting old surfaces with good adhesive properties don’t use thinners or thin the paint adding from 3 to 5% of water
- painting works are to be carried out at the air and surface temperature from +10ºC
- the paint is to be applied by roller, paintbrush or spraying 2 coats (not primed 3) – the second coat is to be applied after its drying i.e. around 2-4 hours
- after the painting works have been completed it is necessary to wash the tools by water.