Śnieżka Exterior Extra - Acrylic paint for facades and elevations
Sniezka Facade Extra provides matt, durable and resistant to weather conditions coatings as well as allows the walls to ventilate. It is designed for protective and decorative painting of building elevations and interior walls of premises. It has excellent adhesive properties for surfaces made of cement, cement and lime, gypsum, plaster cardboard panels, wood, wood-based materials.
- the painting surface must be dry, solid, dust and grease free
- new plasters can be painted after 4 weeks of seasoning
- cracks and roughness must be filled in by cement and lime plaster or ACRYL-PUTZ® FD12 FASADA putty at least 3 weeks before scheduled painting works,
- old layers of glue colours, solvent-based or lime paints are to be removed, washed and rinsed off with detergent until the plaster can be visible
- old layers of emulsion paints with poor adhesive properties are to be removed, in the event of good condition they need to be rinsed off with detergent
- washed coatings of old paints should be left until they have dried
- very absorptive surfaces (except for gypsum coat) with light adhesive properties, leaving traces on palms are to be painted by suitable primer ACRYL-PUTZ®. Properly primed surface should be matt.
- spots where fungus was found, covered with mould are to be cleaned mechanically and disinfected by fungicide remover, it is also important to remove the cause of fungus
- the paint must be stirred carefully before application
- white paint and colourful paints can be mixed altogether
- when painting new surfaces, not primed, it is recommended to thin the paint, depending on absorptive properties of the surface, adding 20% of fresh water
- when painting old coats of emulsion paints, with good adhesive properties, the paint shouldn’t be thinned or if so, only by adding 3-5% of water
- painting works are to be carried out at the air and surface temperature not lower than +5ºC
- when painting outside, do not paint in bad weather conditions i.e. during fog, rain and snow.
- the paint is to be applied by roller, paintbrush or spraying 2 coats– the second coat is to be applied after drying the first coat i.e. around 2-4 hours
- after the painting works have been completed it is necessary to wash the tools by water.